You can’t send a sales proposal to a client if it hasn’t been approved by management. And you can’t release marketing collateral that hasn’t been reviewed by the right teams. But documents and supporting content are generally reviewed via processes that are either inflexible or just plain inefficient.
Setting up review processes for your documents is often a challenge. For many tools, it requires a complex set of business process management tools or developer coding in order to customize it. Plus, because needs change so fast, processes themselves must adjust quickly. But if processes can only be tailored by developers, not business users, then they’ll be forever lagging behind the needs of business teams.
A survey we conducted of 1,400 professionals found that the vast majority used email to review and approve documents. That is a management nightmare. Teams struggle to look through emails to find OKs from managers. They’re uncertain about which version is the correct one to review. No wonder it takes 1/3 longer to approve a document when email is the approval mechanism.
Today KnowledgeTree announced a new visual workflow editor. This tool lets business users quickly construct and customize their workflows to support document-led processes. They can adjust security settings, notify users throughout the process, and more. Want to give it a try? Sign up for a free trial today.
Recent blog posts
- Sales and Marketing Friction Points [Infographic]
- Closing the Loop with KnowledgeTree for Salesforce and KnowledgeTree for Mobile
- New Sales Enablement for Mobile Teams
- It’s About Sales Enablement
- Moneyball for Sales and Marketing #5: Right Time, Right Closer
- Your Content Marketing Strategy Can Align With Your Buying Cycle
- Sales Enablement with KnowledgeTree: A Closer Look
- Moneyball for Sales and Marketing #4: Challenging the Superstar
- Discover Effective Collateral with KnowledgeTree for Salesforce
- A CMO's Guide to Managing Cloud Apps