Getting Sales and Marketing teams to share information on what works can be a challenge for large organizations. Sales teams communicate most effectively when they share the right information with prospects. We also know that when Marketing is more effective when they gather input into what marketing collateral works best. But how many times have you heard of a sales person using old, ineffective, or inaccurate collateral on a new prospect? This problem can be avoided or even eliminated.
But here's the dilemma, do you take the time to invest in a solution or continue with business as usual? Any reasonable person would want to find a solution but too many times they choose the status quo. Either they're too busy and won't justify spending the time to find a solution or they're unaware of the problem and have no idea of the intensity of pain they're experiencing.
If you are reading this blog post, you've probably experienced the pain of managing and reusing the right marketing documents and sales collateral. And you know what happens if that pain goes unmanaged. You can recall the inefficiencies of internal workflows used to get a sales proposal or sales contract approved. You know how common it is for a sales executive to send a prospect the wrong marketing collateral because it was on their hard drive and failed to update it.
In a survey we did back in August 2012, we confirmed that managing documents with technology like KnowledgeTree, improves internal efficiency. That survey included 1400 responses from people across all work disciplines. When we narrowed the focus to sales and marketing, it becomes even more clear that there's an opportunity for improvement. Here's why.
Sales and Marketing teams know that the best quality content is critical. If you can get the right proposal back to a customer faster or send the most effective marketing collateral to a prospect that they forget about the competition, you have a much better chance of winning their business. Internal processes can be easily structured in such a way that this happens every time you send collateral to a customer. When sales and marketing teams use an intelligent solution to manage sales and marketing documents they can improve efficiency in several ways by:
- Reducing time spent finding the right quality content to reuse.
- Ensuring that this is the content that gets used, and spotting gaps in your content
- Reducing the time spent waiting for a document to be approved by stake holders.
- Improving the internal workflow processes when you have to do this all over again.
Try KnowledgeTree out free, for fourteen days and you'll see that there are more efficient ways to manage your internal sales and marketing content and give you the advantage over your competition.
Recent blog posts
- Sales and Marketing Friction Points [Infographic]
- Closing the Loop with KnowledgeTree for Salesforce and KnowledgeTree for Mobile
- New Sales Enablement for Mobile Teams
- It’s About Sales Enablement
- Moneyball for Sales and Marketing #5: Right Time, Right Closer
- Your Content Marketing Strategy Can Align With Your Buying Cycle
- Sales Enablement with KnowledgeTree: A Closer Look
- Moneyball for Sales and Marketing #4: Challenging the Superstar
- Discover Effective Collateral with KnowledgeTree for Salesforce
- A CMO's Guide to Managing Cloud Apps