KnowledgeTree 3.6.1 aims at helping companies with compliance and document management by adding configurable electronic signatures, document type alerts and seamless integration with Microsoft Office
SAN FRANCISCO, CA — June 10, 2009 — KnowledgeTree, a leading provider of commercial open source document management software today announced the release of version 3.6.1 of its flagship solution and version 1.0 of its Microsoft® Office Add-in.
This release focuses on helping companies ease the burden of compliance, provides improved usability and ensures increased interoperability between KnowledgeTree and other productivity tools. Significant new features and enhancements include:
- Document Type Alerts make it possible to manage document retention policies, contracts and other time-based events with less effort by applying alerts to groups of documents.
- Configurable Electronic Signatures ensure accountability and compliance with regulations such as the US Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) Title 21 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 11, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and others by requiring a user to re-authenticate when changing a document.
“KnowledgeTree can significantly ease the compliance burden for smaller companies,” said Daniel Chalef, CEO of KnowledgeTree. “The combination of electronic signatures with a complete audit trail fulfills regulatory requirements, while the affordable price appeals to decision-makers.”
Also featured prominently in this release is the Microsoft Office Add-in, which integrates KnowledgeTree seamlessly with the entire Office suite. Microsoft users can open, edit, save and email documents that reside in the KnowledgeTree repository from within Office applications, exactly as they would if that document was located on a shared drive. In addition, a powerful built-in search makes it even easier to find documents in the repository from within Office applications.
“The Microsoft Office Add-in allows users to enjoy the benefits of collaboration and version control afforded by KnowledgeTree without changing the way they work,” noted Philip Arkcoll, product manager at KnowledgeTree. “Customers using this feature report enhanced productivity as a result of the streamlined process.”
One such customer is Australian intellectual property services firm, 1 Place Patent Attorneys and Solicitors. “We are extremely happy with KnowledgeTree due its ease of use, cost effectiveness and reliability. The Microsoft add-in allows our staff to open a document and save it with a simple point and click. In addition, the superior search functionality and bulk upload options are ideal for companies in the legal space,” stated Dr. Michael Bates, registered patent attorney and solicitor at 1 Place Patent Attorneys and Solicitors.
KnowledgeTree offers commercial open source products that include support and enhanced features. The company, which is funded by Hasso Plattner Ventures, has already gained significant worldwide traction and is building out its operations in the US. KnowledgeTree’s free open source document management community edition has been downloaded over 650,000 times from SourceForge, the world's largest open source development web site.
KnowledgeTree® develops leading commercial open source document management software. With a focus on collaboration, simplicity and ease of use, attractive pricing and strong integration with existing office productivity applications, KnowledgeTree is used by small to medium-sized businesses, governments, and enterprise customers all over the world. Current customers include Sony Entertainment, Société Générale Group and Mazda Motors Europe. For more information, visit www.KnowledgeTree.com
Crossroads Public Relations
Recent blog posts
- Sales and Marketing Friction Points [Infographic]
- Closing the Loop with KnowledgeTree for Salesforce and KnowledgeTree for Mobile
- New Sales Enablement for Mobile Teams
- It’s About Sales Enablement
- Moneyball for Sales and Marketing #5: Right Time, Right Closer
- Your Content Marketing Strategy Can Align With Your Buying Cycle
- Sales Enablement with KnowledgeTree: A Closer Look
- Moneyball for Sales and Marketing #4: Challenging the Superstar
- Discover Effective Collateral with KnowledgeTree for Salesforce
- A CMO's Guide to Managing Cloud Apps