If you’re like most people, you probably believe that a high school diploma is all that’s needed to get into a good college. But that’s not always the case. In fact, many colleges and universities now require prospective students who are abroad to take the PTE Academic exam. The PTE Academic exam is a standardized test that assesses your ability to read, write, and think critically. If you’re aiming for a top-tier college, getting a score of 79 or above is essential. From studying tips to taking practice exams, read on to learn everything you need to ace this important test.
How to prepare for the PTE Academic exam
There are a few things that you can do in order to increase your chances of scoring a plus on the PTE Academic exam. First and foremost, make sure that you are well-prepared for the test by studying the material thoroughly. Be sure to take plenty of PTE mock tests so that you can get a good feel for what is expected of you.
What to expect on the PTE Academic exam
The PTE Academic exam tests your listening, reading, speaking, and writing skills. It is estimated that the test will take around three hours to complete. This includes an introduction to the test and one optional 10-minute break. This exam consists of three main parts: listening comprehension, reading comprehension, and writing. In each part, you will be asked questions about a text, a scenario, or a set of instructions.
1. Keep it Simple (Maintain Simplicity)
There is no need to complicate things when studying for the PTE Academic exam. In fact, following some simple tips can help you achieve a high score.
Avoid spreading your studying over numerous hours, as this will only make it more difficult. Instead, schedule your time wisely and stick to a schedule so that you can avoid feeling overwhelmed.
If you find yourself struggling with an important section of the test, don’t try to cover it up by skipping over it altogether. This will only make things more difficult and may even lead to a lower score on the exam. Make sure to focus on all of the sections of the test so that you can get the best possible result.
2. Take Time to Plan Your Points
There are a number of things you can do in order to make sure you score well on the PTE Academic exam. The first step is to take time to plan your points. This means studying the materials thoroughly and making sure you understand what you are reading. It is also important to practice so that you can be confident when taking the test. Finally, try to relax and have fun while taking the exam.
3. Summarize Written Text
Use flashcards to help remember key information from the PTE Academic exam. Flashcards can be helpful when you’re feeling overwhelmed by the material or when you need to review specific information quickly. Practice writing essays and other types of assessments frequently. Writing essays is an important part of the PTE Academic exam, and practicing writing them will improve your skills and give you confidence when taking the actual test.
Keep a positive attitude throughout the entire process – no matter how challenging it may seem at times. Studies have consistently shown that having a positive attitude toward learning and testing leads to better results overall.
4. Work On Your Weaknesses
If you want to get a high score on the PTE Academic exam, you need to focus on your weaknesses. A study published in the Journal of Educational Psychology found that students who focused on their academic strengths achieved significantly higher scores on the PTE Academic exam than those who did not. This indicates that it is important for students to work on areas where they might struggle in order to improve their overall academic performance. By focusing on your weaknesses, you can increase your chances of success and achieve a high score on the PTE Academic exam.
5. Avoid the Jargon at All Costs
One of the main ways to get a plus score in the PTE Academic exam is to study vocabulary. This means learning all of the technical terms and understanding their meaning. If you know what these terms mean, you will be able to answer questions correctly without having to look them up. Another important strategy when taking PTE Academic is to use the right word when you need to. This means knowing which words are appropriate for specific situations and using them whenever possible. This will make it easier for you to understand questions and answer them correctly.
Essay Writing Tips
- Start with a clear purpose In order to write an effective essay, it is important to have a clear purpose in mind from the start. What are you trying to say? What evidence do you need to support your argument? Once you know your goal, it will be much easier to start writing.
- Use specific examples whenever possible, use specific examples to illustrate your points. This will help readers understand what you are trying to say more easily. It also allows you to draw upon real-world experiences that can contribute to your argument.
- Be concise when writing an essay, it is important not to go on and on without providing any concrete evidence or information. Try to keep paragraphs short and focused so that readers can easily follow your arguments and understand what you are trying to say.
- Take time for editing. Editing an essay can be tedious but it is crucial for improving the quality of your work overall. Take the time necessary for editing – even if this means making some changes multiple times – so that your message is clear and concise when delivered to readers.
After reading this article, we think that you will be well on your way to achieving a 79 or higher score in the PTE Academic exam. Although it may seem daunting at first, following through with our tips and employing some of the strategies we’ve outlined should be easy enough. With hard work and dedication, you can achieve anything you set your mind to!